If you don't like fantasy sports, then don't read any further. I just finished my first live draft, and I think it went decently well. However, I can definitely see my team falling flat on its face, but that can probably be said about most. Anyway, here's the team in all its glory. Before I present them to you, scoring is based on OBP, HR, RBI, R, and SB for hitters and W, L, SV, ERA, and WHIP for pitchers.
C - Brian McCann --> Couldn't pass him up for here.
1B - Jason Giambi --> Hopefully, he doesn't fall off a cliff, but he joins a much improved Oakland offense.
2B - Dustin Pedroia --> Can't expect last year's production, but he shouldn't tail off too much.
SS - Troy Tulowitzki --> I'm expecting a big bounce-back year.
3B - Casey Blake --> Steady but unspectacular.
1B/3B - Kevin Youkilis --> Hopefully, a full year in the 3 or 4 hole should get those RBI's up.
2B/SS - Orlando Cabrera --> He should score hitting in front of Holliday and Giambi (double points!)
OF - Ryan Braun --> I didn't mean to take him, but I'll take him for his counting numbers.
OF - Carlos Quentin --> Just don't break your damn hand.
OF - Corey Hart --> Not much for OBP, but he gives some SB and other counters.
OF - Shin-Soo Choo --> He better be that good. Please?
OF - Fred Lewis --> Age 27 season, here we come!
UTIL - Joe Crede --> Take advantage of Mauer and Morneau and stay healthy.
Bench - Denard Span --> Hopefully, he leads off, gets lots of SB, and scores.
Bench - Ian Stewart --> Put him in left Colorado. Do it.
SP - Chad Billingsley --> I took him too early (apparently), but I like him a lot.
SP - James Shields --> About to take the next step?
SP - Ricky Nolasco --> A healthy year would be nice.
SP - Derek Lowe --> Steady, productive, and, hopefully, healthy.
SP - Chris Volstad --> All upside on this pick.
P - JJ Putz --> Steal some saves, will ya?
RP - Kerry Wood --> Stay healthy. Stay healthy.
RP - Francisco Cordero --> Doesn't get any pub, but hopefully, he'll stay productive.
RP - Grant Balfour --> Get some K's and, hopefully, most of the saves.
Bench - Jeremie Guthrie --> WHIP, ERA, health, and stability after gambling otherwise.
I like my team. I feel like it has a nice balance offensively. Pitching-wise, I took a gamble on those young Florida guys, but I think it's a pretty good staff as well. I don't think I put myself in much of a hole to begin with. Any thoughts? I'm usually optimistic of my teams, so I could use a healthy dose of reality.
Did I have a strategy? Not really. For hitters, I tried to get guys in hitter-friendly parks, and for pitchers, I tried to get pitcher-friendly parks. Other than that, I just made it up as I went.
15 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment